3M Product Details and Charts
Use 3M™ Perfect-It™ Foam Compounding Pads for refining sand scratches, slow speed polishing and denibbing for high performance at every step of the compounding process. Use as part of our 3M™ Perfect-It™ Paint Finishing System for more efficient polishing and enhanced end results.
• Get easy changeouts using 3M Hookit™ and Quick Connect attachment systems
• Prevent slinging for faster, cleaner results thanks to foam construction that holds polish
• Diameters as small as 3” for accuracy in tight spaces or small areas
• Core product within the 3M Colour Coded Compounding and Polishing Process
• Designed to remove compound swirl marks and other minor surface defects
• Get a high gloss finish using a fine, soft foam polishing pad • For use with all 3M™ Polishes
• Core product within the 3M Colour Coded Polishing Process 3M™ Perfect-It™ Foam Polishing Pad is a fine pore soft foam pad .
This foam pad quickly removes compound swirls and minor defects in both aftermarket and OEM paint.
• Get a high gloss shine on dark coloured paint finishes
• Used to help eliminate swirl marks and apply high gloss finishes • Waffle face provides sufficient contact surface while holding polish well
• Ideal to work with 3M™ Perfect-It™ Ultrafina SE
Our 3M™ Perfect-It™ Ultrafine Polishing Pad helps to eliminate swirl marks on painted surfaces, even on difficult dark coloured cars. Featuring a unique waffle face design that holds liquid polish, this pad applies polish evenly without releasing excess polish that may cause ripples in the finish.
For an exceptional finish, and no unsightly swirl marks or holograms, use 3M™ Perfect‐It™ Ultrafine Polishing Pad. We’ve designed our soft fine pore pad to evenly distribute polish and efficiently remove swirl marks on painted surfaces, even on difficult, dark coloured cars. Use with 3M Ultrafine Machine Polish and ideally with Quick Connect Adaptor (depending on pads chosen). Our soft blue foam polishing pad is part of our award winning next generation colour coded range. It’s designed to help achieve an exceptional finish. Cleaning up is fast and efficient, too.
• Ideal for use with 3M™ Perfect-It™ Famous Finish or 3M™ Perfect-It™ 1-Step Finish
• For optimal performance use a rotation speed between 800 to 1400 rpm
• Convoluted surface reduces heat generation • Prevent slinging for faster, cleaner results thanks to foam construction that holds polish
• Available in 80 mm and 150 mm diameter Hookit™ conversions 3M™ Perfect-It™
1-Step Foam Finishing Pads are our highest performing, purple foam finishing pads, ideal for refining 3M™ Trizact™ Abrasive 8000 sanding scratches in a single step. Use in combination with 3M™ Perfect-It™ Famous Finish or 3M™ Perfect-It™ 1-Step Finish to achieve best results.
• Get a high performance single sided foam glazing pad with Hookit™ attachment
• Evenly apply finishing polishes and waxes thanks to dual action sanders
• Remove light scratches, swirls or imperfections Convoluted foam faced polishing pad designed for the 6 inch dual action sander. Attaches to the 3M™ Hookit™ Disc Pad 05776. Enables faster glaze application. Apply high gloss glazes quickly and efficiently, with 3M™ Perfect‐It™ DA Glazing Pad.
Our glazing pad works to distribute finishing polishes and waxes evenly and consistently. It does this through a dual action of the glaze and long, soft foam fingers simultaneously removing light scratches, swirls or other fine imperfections. Available as two pads per bag. Wool
Low Linting Wool Compounding Pad
• Removes finishing abrasive sand scratches and other paint surface defects
• Fast, easy way to attach Buffing Pads to Polishers
• Get maximum polishing efficiency
• For professional body shop use
Use the high performing 3M™ Perfect-It™ Low Linting Wool Compounding Pad, for a finer result when refining scratches on vehicle finishes, and no linting mess. Our fast-cutting double-sided pad is 100% low linting wool with a quick connect design. Use with 3M compounds and quick release adaptor, PN 05752 High performance double sided 100% low linting wool compounding pad used to refine P1200 or finer sand scratches. Fast cutting pad that provides a finer finish than most 100% wool pads without the linting mess. Unique quick connect design. For use with 3M Compounds and 3M™ Quick Release Adaptor, PN 05752. The 3M™ Perfect‐It™ brand means this is 3M’s highest performing double sided wool compounding pad.
Wool Compounding Pad
• Remove finishing abrasive sand scratches and other paint surface defects
• Fast Cutting Compound Pad
• Untwisted wool yarn construction improves handling across large surface areas
• Designed for use with the 3M™ Hookit™ Attachment System
Use 3M™ Wool Compounding Pad with 3M compounds and attachment systems, for compounding on paints, clear and composite surfaces. Choose from 100% wool or finer 60/40 wool blend, for a variety of jobs. Use with our Hookit™ attachment system, for fast change-outs. Get a flawless finish. Get a flawless finish and efficient compounding on paints, clear and composite surfaces, with the 3M™ Wool Compounding Pad. Our compounding pad is designed for easy use with 3M compounds and attachment systems, for efficiency and great results. Choose from 100% wool or finer 60/40 wool blend, to suit your job. Our double sided untwisted wool yarn pads have a stiff, durable centre hub that supports the wool abrasives during flat or aggressive compounding processes. The fuller pad offers good handling across larger surface areas. You can easily attach this screw on pad to orbital sanders and other power tools, with the 3M™ Adapter, 05710. Use our single sided wool blend pad for refining paint surface defects during the auto body compounding process. Designed for use with our Hookit™ attachment system, a hook and loop system that works with back up pads and attachment plates and saves you time thanks to fast change outs. All our wool compounding pads are designed to work well with our Perfect it™ paint finishing system, for high performance throughout the paint finishing process. This system includes scratch refinement discs and pads, compounds, polishes, and cleaners.