Season’s Greetings

It’s Christmas Eve and I thought I would send everybody a little card I made!

Have a great holiday and prosperous New Year to you all.

All the very best for 2019,

Mart.

About One man and his Mustang

I'm just a man with a Classic 1966 Ford Mustang Coupe and an ever increasing collection of car detailing products to keep it clean. When I first started this blog this is what I wrote: "I had bought a project car that had been neglected, set fire to, rusted and abused. As a result of all that the car needed a bare metal strip down, a nut and bolt restoration." Four and a half years later the car was completed, on the road and shown at the UK's premier Classic Car Show, everything that was done to that car is documented here. I now have the privilege to drive one of America's most recognised cars and a true Icon, the Ford Mustang. I'm still sane after the blood, sweat and tears, so would I do it again? Oh yes!
This entry was posted in General and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Season’s Greetings

1. Edward Thomson says:

very nice….. have a nice new year !!!!!! ed——————————————–

2. All the best Martin, have a great break and maybe we’ll get together for that beer in 2019. I think we’ve been saying this for 3 years and despite living less than 10 miles from each other, haven’t yet managed it! I think you must be too busy cleaning and I’m too busy going on breakfast runs 🙂

3. Pascal Chatelain says:

Have a nice Christmas Day and a very good 2019 plenty of pleasure on the road again.
    Pascal

4. Tim Harlow says:

By the way, I love your photo.

5. Tim Harlow says:

Thanks, Mart. You have a Merry Christmas too. I hope you have a fun year with the Mustang in 2019. I am sure that you are looking forward to spring just as I am.

• Thanks Tim, I get very irritable when I can’t drive my car. I love car shows, not just to show the car, but the chance to drive it and hopefully inspire others to do what thousands of us already done restoring, knowing full well just how they would feel the first drive after its finished.

• Tim Harlow says:

Ha ha! I totally get that. I am supposed to be getting my 1972 Dodge Dart Swinger back from a restoration shop next week. I have not had that car since May of 2015. So as you can imagine I am getting really anxious to drive it.

Fortunately, the winters here in Utah are quite dry between storms, so I have been able to drive my Hellcat. But I really miss the long summer cruises and the comraderie of the shows. Happy days will be here soon. 🙂

• I’m expecting lots of pics of your little lady when she gets back, modern cars are great to drive, but there is something about an old car feel. As for the comraderie that is just something so special.

• Tim Harlow says:

Absolutely! The restore process has been a nightmare but that is a long story for another day. I am really getting anxious. I was supposed to have it Friday, but as they had just left the shop to take the car to the alignment shop, a 46 year old brake line failed. It was the only line left that had not been replaced. The original shop never touched it.

No harm done, but just a delay. Maybe after she is back later can write a post about the whole restore ordeal. Long story short, the first guy was a fraud, and I got hosed. But it should be great now. We ended up doing more of a pro touring type approach. Well, happy holidays to you and your family. 🥂 ☃️

• Hi Tim, you must do a restoration post, I would love to read it. As for the brake lines – lucky it didn’t end up in a tree. At least they are all done now and so peace of mind when you take her out.

• Tim Harlow says:

I definitely will. The brake line was not a big deal, but I was glad it wasn’t me. Well have a good evening.

6. Timothy Price says:

Merry Mustang Christmas!

7. Boris says:

Have a happy Christmas and a healthy and prosperous 2019 Mart – great blogs as always!

8. Have Great Christmas and New Year Mart.